What you’ll be doing...
This position will perform as lead point of contact in the Network Wireless Regulatory & Compliance team for Upstate- Real Estate Department at Verizon Wireless (VZW).
Coordinate Federal Communications Commission (FCC), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), and/or Section 106 Regulations including State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO), Tribal Historic Preservation, New York and Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Conservation filings to VZW HQ Regulatory team for due diligence review, comments and approvals.
Work with Radio Frequency (RF) Design Engineers, Construction Managers, Real Estate Project Managers and Due Diligence Vendors to ensure new sites and modifications are in compliance with VZW corporate regulatory guidelines.
This person will be responsible for ordering correct reports based upon historical analysis and projects scope, including Airspace reports, civil engineering design drawings, 1A Survey certifications, if required Environmental Assessment (EAs). Track process of SHPO, DEC, USFWL, and AM survey consultations and note any special requirements to project manager. Manage all Purchase Orders (PO) related to regulatory tasks, report to manager for budget matters and attend all Regulatory workshops and web ex trainings to provide Real Estate Team with information relative to their job functions.
Manage report priorities based upon region build program and RF design requirements. Coordinate compliance with RF safety standard; site RFE signage, barriers, including regional team training, landlord coordination for rooftop mitigation and notice. Manage the distribution of quarterly Regulatory audits working with HQ process improvements.
Additional knowledge and involvement within the VZW Real Estate Team; Negotiate & Process Lease Agreements for new sites and site modifications such as antenna changes, generator additions, and equipment expansions
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Two or more years of relevant work experience.
- Valid Driver’s License
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, or Business Administration.
- Current knowledge of and familiarity with state and local land use and zoning procedures.
- Strong negotiation, presentation, written and oral skills needed in order to successfully interface with municipal authorities, and to accomplish the most competitive and budget conscious leasing structure with potential landlords.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Professional level knowledge of regional build plans, processes, and personnel responsibilities as it relates to job title.
- Direct knowledge in governmental rules and guidelines that play into build plans and site requirements as it relates to FCC/FAA compliance.
- Ability to work autonomously and under heavy pressure to meet deadlines and established commitments.
- Skill and ability to read and understand legal documentation and be a strong organizer.
- Understand applications and databases plus the relational database hooks to connect common points and thus construct more information on one report.
- Ability to be flexible on changing priorities and time-tables of deliverables, with proven attention to detail and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to build a rapport with coworkers, managers, and regional compliance personnel. Working knowledge of FUZE, Siterra, License Tracker, VZ Reg, EnSite, Ops Tracker, FCC ULS Database, Crowd Aroundand WebLibary a plus.
- Knowledge of FCC, FAA/ASR, NEPA, Section 106, Licensing rules and forms and VZW Regulatory & Compliance policies.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6766898-real-estate-engineer
• Post ID: 24974413 rochester