What you’ll be doing...
- Developing and maintaining regional guidelines for LTE system parameters.
- Optimizing cell/site/network performance through recommending and implementing soft and hard parameter changes
- Identifying and conducting RAN and LTE technology trials and the associated KPI analysis
- Troubleshooting system problems such as VoLTE IA’s and VoLTE LC’s, RRC Setup Failures and Bearer drops, LTE handoff failures, failed originations, and 4G retention issues.
- Analyze Baseline, Nielsen, and RootMetrics results and work with regional System Performance to implement solutions for improving those results.
- Creating and running audits for compliance with regional and company standards and for identifying signatures of performance impacting issues.
- Automating/streamlining audits and optimization aids for end to end service improvement.
- Identifying major and chronic performance issues and implementing efforts to resolve them.
- Identifying gaps in knowledge and creating knowledge sharing sessions to help the teams meet regional objectives.
- Collaborating with other Network groups including HQ Service Performance, Area SP, Maintenance Eng., and other regions to identify and socialize best practices.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four of more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in sciences.
- Focus in digital communications preferred.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with experience presenting authoritative technical material to a large audience of engineering and management.
- Understanding of LTE; knowledge in RF system design or RF system performance.
- Proficiency with LTE Network elements (SGW, PGW, HSGW, MME, eNB) required. Understanding of LTE network procedures like Network Attach, IMS Registration, IP communications etc.
- Proficient in the use of network performance tools such as QXDM/Wireshark.
- Commitment to excellence, demonstrating company values and policies, initiating action, accepting responsibility for results, and making quality decisions.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Superior organizational time management, prioritization and project planning skills.
- Willingness to be flexible with work hours, as some night or weekend works will be required.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7073254-systems-performance-engineer
• Post ID: 28105593 rochester