What you’ll be doing...
A key responsibility of the Incident/Problem Manager is the overall responsibility for the incident management process. In Incident Management, the main objective is to find a workaround solution to restore normal services to the client as soon as possible. The main difference between Incident Management and Problem Management is that the former deals with fighting symptoms to incidents, while the latter seeks to remove the causes of incidents permanently from the IT infrastructure. In this capacity, the Incident/Problem Manager has overall responsibility for the investigation of the underlying cause of incidents, and aims to prevent incidents of a similar nature from recurring. This is performed by consultation with Verizon subject matter experts and Network Engineering and Network Analysis organizations. By removing errors, which often requires a structural change to the IT infrastructure in an organization, The Incident/Problem Manager along with the aforementioned organizations can assist in the reduction of the number of incidents over time.
- For all open Incidents in which responsible, the Problem Managers will keep both copies (Verizon system copy and a client copy) of the Incident work log updated at regular intervals as defined in the Process and Procedures Manual
- Assume end-to-end ownership of critically assigned incidents through resolution
- Coordinates with the technical experts fault resolution efforts between necessary parties (e.g., on-site technicians, third party vendors, external telecom service providers)
- Facilitates direct escalation on behalf of the client to the applicable OEM’s experts for fault resolution
- Open, manage and participate in conference bridges for critical and high priority faults. Open and manage other conference bridges, as required
- Assign incidents related to the services to the appropriate managed third party or other third party vendors as necessary
- Concisely record the details of the assigned critical incidents as described in the Process and Procedures Manual
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Seven or more years of job-related experience.
- Background in Incident, Problem and Change Management.
- Strong technical abilities in IT and Telecom.
- Certified Contract Manager Certification.
- Project Management (PMP) certification.
- ITIL Certification and ITIL conversant.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2292299-problem-manager
• Post ID: 35382462 rochester