Posted: Thursday, February 1, 2018 5:26 AM
Our stores depend on their Maintenance teams to keep the entire operation running smoothly. In this position, you'll be providing incredible service to each department by quickly and efficiently responding to calls regarding spills, breaks, or other accidents, as well as maintaining the general upkeep of store grounds.
People (Who We Are)
- Support, encourage, and respect co-workers
- Work with supervisor to set and achieve goals for development
- Comply with Wegmans Policies and Work Rules, as well as, federal and state laws
- Maintain open lines of communication with supervisors and coworkers to ensure efficient department operations
Customer (What We Believe)
- Assist customers around you and utilize coworkers to find answers to their questions
- Keep the store in pristine condition, and identify and communicate potential dangers to management
- Promptly respond to all maintenance calls and attend to spills, breaks or other accidents
Results (What We Measure)
- Complete all assigned task which include maintaining restrooms, vacuuming/sweeping floors, emptying garbage cans, cleaning windows/rooms, changing lightbulbs, performing preventative maintenance etc.
- Keep an organized, stocked and simplified supply room and maintenance station
- Properly handle products, use of equipment, keep accurate logs and follow sanitation practices in accordance with food and human safety guidelines, and Simplification 5S procedures
- Work includes walking, standing for up to 4 hours without a break, repetitive hand and arm movements, lifting, bending, reaching and working with cleaning chemicals and materials, along with interaction with customers and co-workers. The average weight range of items lifted is 5-20 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 50 pounds rarely. The work is performed indoors with some seasonal outdoor temperatures and weather. May be exposed to various allergens (things that may cause an allergic reaction)
- Basic tools & Equipment must be able to use ladder, baler, and compactor
- Work may include use of hand pallet jack, power pallet jack, power walkie-reach, scissors lift or WAV unit. Wegmans certification required for use of power equipment
Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a drug screen and/or criminal background check. All Applicants will be screened; only those closely matching the job posting will be interviewed.
- Custodial/janitorial experience
- Customer service experience preferably in a food service, restaurant, grocery or retail setting
Associated topics: cajera, client service, customer, customer service representative, delivering, retail customer service, retail sales, retail sales associate, sales consultant, venta
• Location: Rochester
• Post ID: 35644447 rochester