What you’ll be doing...
Provide architectural & design oversight and life cycle engineering with the steady state Verizon team for a large integrated customer Cisco Voice & Data Networking infrastructure.Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the infrastructure through a detailed knowledge of the components and how they integrate and interact. The Voice & Data Infrastructure components include:
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM)
- Cisco Unity Unified Messaging
- Cisco Emergency Response (CER)
- Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE) experience is a plus
- Related Cisco Voice and router/switch & wireless networking technologies.
- TCP/IP Internetworking
- Servers & virtualized infrastructure
- Design, Planning & Implementation of Core Network (Nexus, Cisco UCS)
- Design & Planning & Implementation of WAN (Dual MPLS, BGP Multi-homed, ASR)
- Strong hands-on R/S and Nexus experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience in OSPF, BGP, MPLS protocols.
- Assist in developing and updating the long-range, comprehensive plan for the customer’s networking systems, processes, technical architecture and standards.
- Expected to stay abreast of relevant changes in technology and maintaining focus on the strategic requirements by working with the business units in a continuous cycle of planning for growth and optimization.
- Consulting on network designs and technical engineering solutions to address specific customer requirements.
- Collecting and confirming detailed information from customers, account teams, and Engineering groups that are specific to the business requirements for purposes of designing network solutions.
- Delivering network diagrams, documentation and internal technical support training in order to successfully sustain and continuously improve the environment.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2283659-principal-voice-architect
• Post ID: 34441652 rochester