What you’ll be doing...
The Principal Network Architect is the trusted advisor to Verizon managed services customers, and is responsible for positive business outcomes by ensuring the effective operation of the client network through lifecycle and architectural development. The Principal Network Architect performs strategic planning and design, optimization, and steady state change management on a variety of network technologies that may include routed/switched networks, wireless, or other network technologies for large enterprise customers. The position serves as the primary engineering interface to the customer and supports the design and implementation of customer's enterprise network projects and comprises the following activities:
- Work with customer technical teams to provide solutions for customers' internetworking communications requirements
- Investigate, design, plan, and implement physical and logical communications networks
- Manage network projects through all stages, including:
- Defining/gathering requirements
- Drafting/ presenting technical proposals
- Weighing risks and rewards against value and costs
- Deployment and maintenance of solutions.
- Develop all related documentation, test cases and execution plans.
- Prepare work orders containing instructions to be used by technicians to configure network hardware and software
- Understand and effectively communicate the impact of technical decisions on the business
- Prepare technical reports, client presentations, design documentation, and manuals.
- Monitors, analyzes, troubleshoots, and evaluates network related problems.
- Manages the performance and optimization of networks and systems.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Experience configuring and troubleshooting network devices from manufacturers such as Cisco, Juniper, HP, and Aruba wireless.
Even better if you have:
Current Cisco CCNA or CCNP certification (CCIE highly desirable).
Experience with HP routing and switching product.
Willingness to work from client site up to 90% of the time.
Strong interpersonal communication skills to accurately represent and convey information both in verbal and written form.
Strong analytical and logical problem solving skills with the ability to drive solutions to IT operational issues.
Ability to host and facilitate meetings attended by client peers and managers.
Ability to multi-task and be aware of several simultaneous work streams.
Ability to strategically influence and lead change within the client’s IT organization.
Experience as a team lead directing work of peers even in other organizations.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2294220-principal-network-architect
• Post ID: 34441872 rochester