Next Venture are currently searching for an Oracle Supply Chain Functional Consultant/Oracle Supply Chain Business System Analyst for a global R12 implementation programme in Rochester, Upper State New York
JOB TITLE: Sr. Oracle Functional Analyst - Oracle Inventory
To provide functional support and expand capabilities in the areas of logistics systems development and management, project management, IT solution design and administration specifically within the Oracle modules - INV/MSCA/WIP/BOM/WMS. The INV Oracle BSA role is deeply knowledgeable in both our business processes and systems that support one or more related business functions. The scope of the role includes working with key business stakeholders to interpret business needs and issues, translate them into actionable requirements, participate in design activities, configure software and reports, develop test scenarios and participate in testing, implementation activities including training, and providing post-implementation support.
- Is a key team member on the multi-year Oracle ERP program representing the needs of Inventory (Inventory (all warehouse activities, Bill of Materials, WIP, MSCA)
- Utilizes and provides Oracle expertise and knowledge to allow for optimal solution design to meet requirements
- Quickly understands the business issues and data challenges of the organization and its customers.
- Identifies effective solutions to operational issues - transaction processing - business information etc.
- Documents, edits and reviews requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solutions.
- Develops functional specifications and system design specifications for new systems, new interfaces, new processes and new requirements.
- Evaluates local and global system development proposals and provide analysis and recommendations to local management on likely impacts
- Provide expertise and problem resolution to the functional departments when issues extend outside the knowledge of the functional department Key Users
- Research, communicate and demonstrate best practice opportunities for the local/regional organization, allowing key decision makers and local/regional managers the opportunity to leverage best practice as a strategic and competitive advantage for the organization.
- Manages logistics system projects
- Assists in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules.
- Takes input from immediate manager and appropriately and accurately applies comments/feedback.
- Communicates and applies project standards.
- Manages resources in accordance with project schedule.
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to the logistics user community.
- Proven ability to demonstrate and understanding the components of running a project to budget and on time.
- Plan and lead testing, implementation, training, support and documentation activities for local projects
- Assist developers - internal and external - through provision of functional specifications and technical walk through
- Provide reporting to local management on Project progress and issues
- Resolve technical issues
- Request and specify modifications
- Leads testing efforts.
- Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Works with the users to identify required changes
- Communicates needed changes to internal and supplier development teams.
- Manage the standard global release cycle, including analysis, design, test, implementation, support and documentation.
- Facilitate communication, and knowledge sharing with the end user community across the regional area and with the other local/regional Business Analysts to ensure a global system
- Able to capably use available system tools (Cognos/Noetix/BI, SQL, Oracle reporting tools) to gather and prepare data for reports and analytical tasks.
- Designs or prepares reports using approved system tools.
- Uses prepared data to perform analysis of system behavior and respond to ad-hoc reporting requests.
- Proven experience in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
- Experience and knowledge of Internet, Intranet, Extranet and Client Server architectures.
- Experience and knowledge of Oracle ERP systems or a near equivalent.
Essential IT Experience:
- Must have extensive proven experience in logistics IT within ERP, WMS, Interfaces to ERP systems and automation applications
- Must be familiar with remote data capture technology, automation control systems.
- Previous experience in Oracle eBS is preferred.
- High level of IT literacy - concepts and terminology
- Thorough Project Management experience in the Project Management Cycle
- Competence with all major Office applications including Excel, Word, Outlook and Visio.
Apply now (see below) for further information
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 27938338 rochester