Job ID: 113841
Come join Dolomite Products Co., Inc. and begin the rest of your future with us. Dolomites recruiting Vision Statement is to provide a World Class development program that attracts, retains, and produces emerging leaders within Dolomite and throughout Oldcastle. By combining a whole company approach with individual mentorship, formal and hands-on education, we provide an opportunity for our employees to be immersed in our cultural values that have lead us to profitability and success. Start your career today and apply!!
This position is a key company / regional resource for facilitating the effective ordering of products and services and for ensuring that supply commitments / business needs are met. The Purchasing Buyer supports a variety of employees within the organization to clarify needs, evaluate and / or determine suppliers, generate / place orders and manage ongoing supplier interactions within the local operations. As needed, the Buyer will coordinate company / regionalprocurement strategies which are aligned with divisional objectives.
Execute company/region-specific driven procurement strategies through the use of the sourcing / procurement process, as directed
- Work with field personnel, requestors and stakeholders to clarify specifications, establish source alternatives, increase standardization and otherwise increase value related to purchases
- Ensure that strategies are aligned with other business units / regions / divisions, with particular focus on key company / regional spend categories including indirect goods and business services.
- Be aware of and drive adoption of sourced programs, as directed, to maximize value to the company
- Coordinate the process of obtaining quotes and / or requests for proposals from potential vendors, as needed
- Maintain an understanding of current inventory levels and future demands to assist the business
- Monitor / research order history of similar products and services purchased to evaluate / track differences in costs, delivery, quality and performance
- Be familiar with the supply chain (manufacturing, distribution, delivery, use, service and disposal) related to the products and services being purchased
- Support efforts to identify and evaluate new / alternative suppliers which meet the business requirements
Execute the generation and placing of orders with selected suppliers within the standard process and systems
- Prepare draft purchase orders within the P2P system which accurately capture the business requirements and which leverage existing programs and / or supplier relationships
- Work with suppliers and Sourcing to ensure that accurate product / service information is being communicated on orders including pricing, availability, part numbers and delivery.
- Arrange for the proper transportation and / or storage of the purchased products, if needed and not otherwise determined
- Facilitate the approval process for draft purchase orders, and in certain cases based on factors such as purchase amount and / or complexity, provide subject matter procurement review and approval
- Place approved purchases with suppliers
- Expedite and assist with the troubleshooting of orders as needed
Actively support the management of supplier relationships and performance management within company / region
- Provide, and encourage other users to provide, feedback regarding supplier performance through participation in surveys and the use of Supplier Corrective Action Reports (SCARs), as needed
- Work with suppliers and field personnel to improve the quality and / or performance of products and services
- Work with Strategic Sourcing and the businesses to follow proper contract management practices with key suppliers and support the development of contracts for local / company specific vendors, as necessary
- Assist field personnel and Sourcing to perform tests and demonstrations of products / services to evaluate value, compare results and / or identify alternatives and to ensure that supplier commitments are met
- Work with Sourcing to track market conditions, pricing trends, and opportunities to maximize purchasing value
- Support the vendor data management / vendor master maintenance processes through adherence to established payment terms and identifying the need for new or updated data information
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors degree with a minimum of 3 years of business, purchasing, operations or related experience.
- Experience working with P2P systems, databases / data warehouse applications, ERP systems and / or Microsoft Office applications required.
- Experience with procurement tools, processes and systems
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or similar certification desired
- Experience in mining, construction or manufacturing would be beneficial
Knowledge / Skill Requirements
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving the organization's goals and objectives.
- Ability to work effectively with others
- High ethical standards
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks effectively with customer focus and responsiveness
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to work with suppliers
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively with a focus on timeliness and responsiveness
- Ability to drive change and sell new concepts and approaches through persistence, self-motivation, energy, tenacity, follow-through, and commitment
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Understanding of procurements impact on financial results
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North Americas largest corporations. We are a proud or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 24861998 rochester